MapR-DB is an enterprise-grade, high-performance, in-Hadoop, NoSQL (“Not Only SQL”) database management system. You can use it to add real-time, operational analytics capabilities to Hadoop.
- Custom HBase filters are not supported.
- User permissions for column families are not supported. User permissions for tables and columns are supported.
- HBase authentication is not supported.
- HBase replication is handled with Mirror Volumes.
- Bulk loads using the HFiles workaround are not supported and not necessary.
- HBase coprocessors are not supported.
- Filters use a different regular expression library from
java.util.regex.Pattern. See for a complete list of supported regular expressions.
Page: Logical Model of MapR-DB Tables Page: Architecture of MapR-DB and the Resulting Advantages Page: Filesystem Operations on MapR-DB Tables Page: Migrating Between Apache HBase Tables and MapR-DB Tables Page: Schema Design for MapR-DB Tables Page: Enabling Access to MapR Tables via HBase APIs, hbase shell, and MapReduce Jobs Page: Creating MapR-DB Tables Page: Displaying Table Region Information for MapR-DB Tables Page: Creating MapR-DB Applications Page: Bulk Loading and MapR-DB Tables Page: MapR Gateways Page: Replicating MapR-DB Tables Page: Indexing MapR-DB Data in Elasticsearch Page: Reference for MapR-DB Page: Using AsyncHBase with MapR-DB Tables Page: Using OpenTSDB with AsyncHBase 1.6 and MapR-DB 4.1 Page: Impersonation via the HBase REST Gateway