MapR provides the following packages:
- Apache Hadoop 0.20.2
- Flume 0.9.4
- Hbase 0.90.6
- Hive 0.7.1
- Mahout 0.5
- Oozie 3.0.0
- Pig 0.9.0
- Sqoop 1.3.0
- Whirr 0.3.0
New in This Release
This is a maintenance release. No new features.
- (Issue 5862)
MapRclient.dllnow correctly exports
- (Issue 5941) Fixed email sending inconsistency
- (Issue 7531) Fixed problems with inline setup and “permission denied" errors
- (Issue 7582) Fix to ignore invalid hostnames in
/opt/mapr/conf/mapr-clusters.confand reprocess them on demand
- (Issue 5761) Fixed JobTracker registration problem with zookeeper after reboot
- (Issue 6132) Fixed JobTracker hang that caused inconsistent failover behavior
- (Issue 6861) Users submitting jobs without a queue name can no longer cause the JobTracker to fail
- (Issue 6901) Fixed issue where TaskTrackers fail to kill tasks and then the TaskTracker hangs
Various fixes and refinements to NFS feature to enhance performance, improve reliability, increase failover performance and improve scalability.
Various fixes and refinements to improve CLDB failover performance and replication behavior including:
- (Issue 7052) Resolved problem with ZooKeeper disconnecting CLDB and causing failover.
- (Issue 7218) Fixed CLDB rpc problems on multi-homed servers (caused CLDB shutdown on ZooKeeper restart)
- (Issue 7465) Resolved intermittent container resync failures
- (Issue 7558) Fixed cause of MapR file system cores seen in customer clusters
- (Issue 7586) Fix to avoid creating directories with chunksize zero
- (Issue 7605) Fixed problem with Hadoop jobs failing due to MFS error 110
If a user submits a job with a relative path on a fresh installation, the job may fail with a permission denied error for the
/user directory because that path does not yet exist in a fresh installation.
As a workaround, the administrator should create a volume called
users mounted at
It is a good idea to create a volume for each user, mounted within
When a node's IP number is reassigned to another node, remote procedure calls are misdirected to the wrong node. This can result in widespread errors affecting any system that use the RPC binding layer, including container resync operations that never finish or the creation of several superfluous containers. Restart the cluster to clear this condition.
If you use the latest version of any browser to view the MCS, the CLDB, HBase, JobTracker, and job log pages do not load when you click on the respective links. As a workaround, use the following instructions to disable mixed-content-blocking in your browser:
Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Show all content. The page refreshes and displays mixed content.
- At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click (the shield icon).
- In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to "Keep Blocking", and select Disable Protection on This Page. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The shield icon is replaced with a warning symbol to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
- Click (the shield icon) on the right side of the address bar.
- In the icon dialog box, click Load anyway. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The URL in the address bar shows https crossed out to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.