This page contains the following topics:
New In This Release
This is a maintenance release.
- Change: The MapR installation process no longer requires
sudoprivileges, except on SUSE (see Known Issue 10299).
Resolved issues are listed in the sections below.
- (Issue 9562) Permissions conflicts in Warden scripts resolved.
- (Issue 9672) Resolved assert/hangs due to FileClient RPC binding state inconsistency.
- (Issue 9822) Cookies set over HTTPS are now set securely.
- (Issue 9921) Resolved syntax error in
- (Issue 10102) MapRClient class now loads only once when Datameer starts on EC2.
- (Issue 10110) Resolved issue where unreleased locks caused JVM inability to initialize fileclient.
- (Issue 10257) Users upgrading to 2.1.3 from earlier versions must run upgrade2mapruser.sh script to incorporate changes in how
- (Issue 10412) Fixed crashes from uninitialized variables.
- (Issue 9664) HBase bulk imports no longer failing.
- (Issue 9821) Copying a zero-byte file over NFS no longer causes a crash.
- (Issue 9923) Added error handling for NFS
- (Issue 9883) Resolved memory leak issue in ThreadPool in MapTask.
- (Issue 10282) The main JobClient thread no longer waits for the thread pool to time out after completing.
- (Issue 10053) Duplicate requests to become the master CLDB are now handled properly.
Sudoless installation is not supported on SUSE.
The most recent build of MapR's version of Oozie is required for this version. Users upgrading to the 2.1.3 release of the MapR distribution for Hadoop must download and install the most recent build of MapR's release of Oozie.
Existing 2.1.2 installations that are using either
http://package.mapr.com/releases/ecosystem-all must delete the
maprfs-jni-0.20.2-2.1.2.jar file at
/opt/mapr/hbase/hbase-<0.92.2/94.5>/lib/. The HBase master will not start while this version of the JAR file is present.
When a node's IP number is reassigned to another node, remote procedure calls are misdirected to the wrong node. This can result in widespread errors affecting any system that use the RPC binding layer, including container resync operations that never finish or the creation of several superfluous containers. Restart the cluster to clear this condition.
If you use the latest version of any browser to view the MCS, the CLDB, HBase, JobTracker, and job log pages do not load when you click on the respective links. As a workaround, use the following instructions to disable mixed-content-blocking in your browser:
Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click Show all content. The page refreshes and displays mixed content.
- At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click (the shield icon).
- In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to "Keep Blocking", and select Disable Protection on This Page. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The shield icon is replaced with a warning symbol to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
- Click (the shield icon) on the right side of the address bar.
- In the icon dialog box, click Load anyway. The page refreshes and displays mixed content. The URL in the address bar shows https crossed out to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
MapReduce and Hadoop Patches Integrated Since Last Release