- Communication between the nodes in the cluster is authenticated and may be encrypted:
- Traffic between the server and cluster, traffic within the MapR filesystem, and CLDB traffic is authenticated using network-safe tokens and may be encrypted with secure MapR RPCs.
- Traffic between JobClients, TaskTrackers, JobTrackers, NodeManagers, and ResourceManagers is secured with MapR-SASL, an implementation of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer framework (SASL) framework.
- Support for Kerberos user authentication.
- Support for Kerberos encryption for secure communication to open source components that require it.
- Support for the Simple and Protected GSSAPI Negotiation Mechanism (SPNEGO) used with the web UI frontends of some cluster components.